"It's not an editor's job to tell you what you're doing right or wrong.
So let us provide that valuable service."
Tuesday, May 7 (8-9 p.m. EDT): "Manuscript Makeover," presented by Dr. Dennis E. Hensley
To take your writing beyond your mom's fluffy compliments and your friends' pats on the head, join Doc Hensley for this incisive webinar.
Doc will critique anonymously submitted first pages of novels, short stories, articles, and nonfiction books. He pulls no punches, but his criticism is always constructive and kind. You will learn a lot from his evaluations.
Webinars are FREE for Guild members!
To sign up for this webinar, log in to your account at christianwritersguild.com.
$25 for nonmembers. Click here to register.
Weds., May 22 (8-9 p.m. EDT): "Thick-Skinned Fiction Critique," presented by Jerry B. Jenkins
This webinar is one of the Christian Writers Guild's most popular presentations. In it, Jerry evaluates the first page of each of six randomly selected fiction samples and shows you:
* the details editors always notice* how he would edit each sample
* what works and what doesn't
While Jerry feels he owes each writer an honest and constructive critique, he is never unkind. All submissions remain anonymous.
You can learn a lot from his observations and apply them directly to your writing, whether you send in a sample or not.
To submit a fiction sample, follow these steps:
- Register for the webinar.
- Send your one-page fiction sample to Andy@ChristianWritersGuild.com by May 15. (Your submission will remain anonymous.)
Submission Formatting Guidelines:
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 pt
- Double space your copy (no extra space between paragraphs)
- One space between sentences
- Align left justification, not full
- 1" top and bottom margins; 1.25" side margins