The Business Aspects of Being a Professional Writer, presented by Gary Hensley
10 Research Tips for Authentic Fiction, presented by Janet Bly
AND . . . You have a chance to attend one of them for free! Click on the title of the webinar to take you to the webinar page on the Guild website and post a comment. In 40 words or less, say which one you would like to attend and why. Winners will be chosen at random by June 2.
Webinars are a great way to learn the craft. They are convenient (you take the one-hour class in your own home via computer, either live or as a download), inexpensive (free if you're a Guild member and $25 if not--compare that to the cost of a conference, which includes travel, room, and meals), and interactive (you can post questions which are answered at the end).
Even better, if you're not a Guild member, why not become one? The benefits far outweigh the $99/year:
- Free upcoming webinars
- One free 1,500 word critique
- Eligibility for the Operation First Novel contest
- $225 discount on the 2013 Writing for the Soul conference
- 20% discount on CWG merchandise from our online store
- 10% discount on the CWG Critique Service and Elite Critiques
- Access to Members Only section of website, including the membership directory, articles by mentors, writing opportunities, and more
Or perhaps you're looking for a writing course to learn more about the publishing industry and to take your writing to the next level. Or maybe you're a beginner who needs guidance taking those first steps. The Guild offers a course for whatever level you're on, and with that course comes one-on-one mentoring with a writing professional and a membership for the duration of the course. For more information, visit the Courses section.