Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed . ~ 2 Timothy 2:15

Friday, April 26, 2013

Writer's block?

Some writers deny it even exists, but those of us who have ever struggled with wresting words from an uncooperative brain know better.

I just read an excellent blog on how to deal with the bane of the creative mind, "Battling Writer's Block" by Vickie Price Taylor. 

Vickie writes: Lora Zill, in her blog the blue collar artist, states that “if we can’t ‘express’ ourselves through our art, perhaps something has shaken us or caused us to doubt. We lack trust in our gifts, lack trust that when we sit down and stare at a screen…that God will show up.” 

Yep, that's why I'm struggling now--something has shaken me and now I'm wrestling with doubt, not trusting the gift, the call . . . 

I need to remember the words of D. L. Moody: "Do not doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light."

No comments:

Post a Comment