Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed . ~ 2 Timothy 2:15

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Life happenings

In case you've been wondering why I haven't posted a new blog for a couple of weeks . . .

It appears I've been called out of Midian (see my blog "In Midian").

In the middle of August, the administrator of the local Christian school approached me at church. The high school English teacher had resigned. Would I fill in temporarily until a teacher could be found? The school is near and dear to my heart. I was on the board that established the school in 1997, then taught for five years before I resigned to write full time. Two of my grandchildren now attend. How could I say no?

So now I get up a 5 a.m., have a half-hour workout (I'm trying, as always, to lose weight), then get ready for work. I teach Bible (grades 9 & 10, combined), a college prep class for the three seniors, English 7/8, 9/10, and 11/12, as well as keyboarding to grades 7, 8, and 9.

My after-school hours are for my freelance work, which includes producing five radio programs a week, writing a weekly newspaper column, maintaining two blogs, planning and preparing for a local Christian women's conference (at which I'm speaking), reviewing my Christian Writers Guild students' lessons, and working on my novel.

Hubby has learned to can (see my blog post "Canning Partner"). In fact, he'll be canning tomato sauce while I'm in Indianapolis this weekend for the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference.

I've been focusing on getting ready for the conference, as I have two novels written and ideas for seven more. Editors will abound. I think I'm almost ready. Just have to  send this week's column; get the laundry off the line, out of the dryer, out of the washer into the dryer; take my shower; and pack the last minute stuff. In an hour.

So I'd better get moving. I do plan to get back to my planned blog schedule soon.

Until next time, when I'll report on the ACFW conference, hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment